I am not going to sit here and go on and on about whole 30 because to be honest, I am still learning and there are many other websites out there that can provide you with better explanations than I could. This blog is pretty much just about my journey on it! As a real quick explanation though, we pretty much will be eating fruit, vegetables, nuts, and meat. No dairy, no grains, and no processed crap! Why do we eat things that have a shelf life of months, or even years??? Something isn't right about that...
As for weighing in, I am a little disappointed (okay, a LOT disappointed) in myself for letting myself go...
Also had to get in that "douchey Myspace-holding up the camera phone and taking my pic in the mirror" pic:
Tavia and I are also taking before and after pics in front of the door with her special super duper photographer camera... so once this is all said and done I'll make sure and post those.
We started the day off getting up early, taking our "before" pics, and preparing our food. I made breakfast for us while Tavia made our lunch and snack. For breakfast, I made scrambled eggs with green and red bell peppers, along with a freshly cut avocado!
And the finished product:
For lunch we made tuna salad (and Cooper helped) for tuna wraps. They have tuna (obviously), apple, almonds, green onion, celery, and a little bit of mustard, all of which will be wrapped in lettuce. As a snack, we are having turkey roll ups (turkey, tomatoes and avocado)!
I am really excited to see how all this goes, as we are mixing this healthy diet with our usual CrossFit regimen. so here goes nothin, wish me luck, because I'm saying goodbye to old processed fast food and hello to a healthy lifestyle to provide me with energy and the nutrients I need!
Had my lunch and boy was it good! Seriously! I hate normal tuna salad, but this stuff was the bomb dot com!
Pretty much took the lettuce leaf and dumped a whole bunch of the tuna in it and made a wrap.
Looking forward to making this one again...
My biggest problem so far has been training my body to drink enough water. On a normal day i used to drink anywhere from 20-64oz of soda, and only about 5-10oz of water. So far today, I've been good and only drank water, but I have only had about 12 oz so far. Definitely need to focus in and get to drinking!


No comments:
Post a Comment